Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 2008 21:56:02 -0500
From:      Matt Benjamin <matt@linuxbox.com>
To:        Ben Kaduk <minimarmot@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-afs@freebsd.org, Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org>
Subject:   Re: Changes to OpenAFS to support FreeBSD 8-CURRENT

Hi Ben,

I got your previous email, but wasn't sure I could get to this.  I
haven't in fact been focused on 8-CURRENT, but on vnode locking and
refcounting correctness across 7.0 to 8-CURRENT.  (Making headway...)

Anyway, I set that aside and whacked through a similar effort.  The
things you got sound right to me, though I'm surprised krx and
afs_server.c compiled, but, it might have to do with whether you have
network stack virtualization enabled.  The  module doesn't load
presumably because of unresolved externals--here either the
aforementioned (like in_ifaddrhead), and probably "suser(thread)" which
is gone, replaced with "priv_check(thread)" (what makes me think that
one won't be around long).

Openafs-1.4.8 (openafs.org) with RT # 123933 compiles and loads, as
above,  but I have not run the code, it's just to block something in, ATM.

Matt

Ben Kaduk wrote:
> Hi Boris,
>
> To get a OpenAFS compiling on a couple-day-old current, I needed to
> change (in addition to
> the vinvalbuf change mentioned elsewhere)
>
> VSUID to S_ISUID and VSGID to S_ISGID in VNOPS/afs_vnop_attrs.c
> from this change:
> trasz       2008-09-10 13:16:41 UTC
> (note that S_ISUID is from stat.h and VUID was from vnode.h)
>
> remove the curthread argument from VOP_GETATTR() (two occurrences)
> in FBSD/osi_file.c:143  (this is under AFS_FBSD50_ENV ???)
> from this change:
> attilio     2008-08-28 15:23:18 UTC
>
> The vinvalbuf change also affects FBSD/osi_vm.c in two lines.
>
> change ap->a_mode to ap->a_accmode in FBSD/osi_vnodeops.c:691
> and in the comment above.  Arguably, this might be rather a bug
> in the vnode_if.h header where the structure is defined
> (libafs/MODLOAD/vnode_if.h, apparently).
>
> Now, everything compiles, but kldload is claiming that libafs.ko
> doesn't exist ...
>
> -Ben Kaduk

- --

Matt Benjamin