Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:17:03 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Couple of header problems with PR page on firefox3

Kent Stewart wrote:
> On Monday 10 August 2009 12:59:47 pm Doug Barton wrote:
>> howdy,
>>
>> I've been noticing this problem for a while, but haven't had a chance
>> to report it. You can see at
>> http://dougbarton.us/pr-page-header-problem.png that part of the
>> header is wrapping around (regardless of how wide I open the window)
>> which is not a good thing. I would also suggest that the yellow text
>> in the upper right is a bit hard to read.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>

> Rebuild the chain!!!

I'm not quite sure what that means. If you're suggesting that I
rebuild firefox and its dependencies I just got done rebuilding all my
ports after the shlib bump in -current, so I'm not sure that would
help. If someone wants to make a more specific suggestion that would
be ok.

> I have firefox-3.5.2 on kde3 and kde4 and it renders just like it does on
> Windows.

I'm not sure it should matter, but I am using 3.5.2 on openbox.

> In addition, when I squeeze the window, it doesn't wrap but adds a
> scroll bar on the bottom. There is something seriously messed up in your
> installation.

It hadn't occurred to me to check how it renders in windows, but
you're right, compared to how it renders in windows something in my
freebsd firefox is seriously disturbed.

If no answer is immediately forthcoming here I'll follow up on -ports.

Doug