Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 14:00:11 -0500
From:      Nitebirdz <nitebirdz@uswest.net>
To:        The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@threespace.com>
Cc:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing 2 OS's on seperate drives?

The Classiest Man Alive wrote:

> Interestingly enough, I don't think Windows 98 suffers from that same
> problem.  I have a setup where Windows NT and Windows 98 share a drive (in
> that order), and Windows 98 is able to boot even though it doesn't use the
> first partition on the first drive.  I do believe 95 has problems starting
> on the second disk/partition though.
>
> K.S.
>
> On Wed, 19 May 1999, Jukka Simila wrote:
>
> : Yes, but I believe Windows has to be on the first drive, I'm not
> : absolutely sure but I have a feeling that when I some time ago did that
> : kind of install, windows didn't boot if it weren't the first.

	I just checked the documentation for System Commander, and it seems to
me that both Win95 and WinNT require to be installed in the first
physical hard drive.  Check these pages:

http://www.v-com.com/support/osinstalls/notes/95notes.html
http://www.v-com.com/support/osinstalls/notes/ntnotes.html
http://www.v-com.com/support/osinstalls/osinstall.html

	Sorry, they did not offer any information on Win98, but I would assume
that it behaves the same way as both Win95 and WinNT.

Nitebirdz

--
It's not too late to turn back from the "Gates" of Hell...
Linux: the free 32-bit operating system, available NOW.