Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:11:28 +1100
From:      Chris Aitken <chris@ideal.net.au>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Perl on FreeBSD

Hi everyone....

I have a curley on I havent been able to work out.

What I want to be able to do is take the output of a FreeBSD command, and
pipe the output to a perl script so I can use that data....

For example. If I ran the following at command line,

# echo "Blah Blah Blah" | perlscript.pl

How would I be able to print "Blah Blah Blah" to the screen from the perl
script. I am only new to perl and have been doing alot of funky mrtg stuff
opening files and commands within the perl script and taking the output,
but im stumped on how to pipe data to a perl script and use that data in
the perl script.

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks

Chris

--
     Chris Aitken - Administration/Database Designer - IDEAL Internet
  email: chris@ideal.net.au  phone: +61 2 4628 8888  fax: +61 2 4628 8890