Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2009 04:04:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      T D <ttdbsd@yahoo.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 7.0 Installation error

Hi people,=0A=0AHi people,=0AI am Tom and I have been attempting to install=
 FreeBSD 7.0 from a dvd.=0AI put the dvd in the drive and boot, the boot sc=
reen appears with the options default, acpi disabled, safe mode, etc, I the=
n select default.=0AThe hardware probing/detecting scrolls by and then come=
s to a halt with the following line:=0A=0AGEOM_LABLE: Lable for provider ac=
d0 is is09660/FreeBSD 7.=0A=0AI have also on other boot attempts tried acpi=
 disabled, safe mode with the same outcome.=0AHave selected single user on =
another attempt and sysinstall program boots, after going through setting u=
p the hard drive and paritions durring the install of the os the following =
error occurs numerous times:=0A=0AWrite failure on transfer!=0A(write 0 byt=
es of 1425408 bytes) 100%=0A=0AJust wondering if this has occured to any on=
e else and how they got around it.=0ALook forward to replys, thanks=0A=0ATo=
m=0A=0A=0A      Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarte=
r inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox