Date:      Wed, 06 Feb 2002 02:05:21 +0100
From:      "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <drwilco@drwilco.net>
To:        Anikin <markovich@mindspring.com>, Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: natd UDP errors with PPP demand dial

>Natd  is already running when a ppp session is set up each time. So is
>ipfw.  Ipfw  is  configured thourgh its own configuration file. So, it
>seems  I  shouldn't have to set anything extra up in the ppp.linkup.

1) Have you told natd the interface is dynamic and might change IPs?
2) If you're using ppp, why even bother with natd? The NAT in ppp uses the
exact same libalias and gives you less headaches with ipfw because the
translation on incoming packets is done before they hit ipfw, and outgoing
after ipfw let them go. I can tell you this helps a lot when trying to use
dynamic rules.

Or am I missing some part of the picture?

         Doc