Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:49:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        Dave Rideout <drideout@quansoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Backup Solution

I gave up tar and uucp for pax which has more configurability and to us
seems to do a better job of being sure the stuff is on the tape correctly
and being sure it comes back off the tape as needed.  I believe there to
be a bug in uucp on freebsd - restores would frequent have parts of other
files at the top of the restored file, etc - like there is a pointer
slippage somewhere.