Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 00:44:59 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        scrappy@hub.org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert), kris@catonic.net (Kris Kirby), freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual CPU Xeon server hangs on SMP kernel ...

> Terry, if I feared 'the shotgun', I wouldn't ask the question ... I'm
> going to spent tomorrow morning going through the BIOs, as well as do the
> serial connection/snapshot and see what I can come with and report back

You misunderstand: we fear giving you a shotgun, since you might
be able to kill your problem without identifying its species for
us before blowing it to smithereens.  Doing that only fixes the
problem or you, and nets us more requests for shotguns.  On the
other hand, if you take the time to help us identify the species,
we can eradicate it, and save a lot of shotguns going off all over,
as well as a lot of future requests for the same.

If it gets fixed in the source tree, it's fixed for all time; if
it gets fixed on your machine, it's a problem for all time.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.