Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 2015 14:02:31 -0400
From:      "Naram Qashat" <cyberbotx@cyberbotx.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Is it possibly to detect which OpenSSL is used for a port?

This isn't quite what I'm looking for. I want to be able to tell within a
port's Makefile if the user wanted the base or ports OpenSSL to be used.
I've been trying to port TDE to FreeBSD, and tdelibs uses pkg-config to
check for OpenSSL. This would work if the only form of OpenSSL was in
ports, but the base OpenSSL doesn't have a pkg-config file to use, so I
need to know which is going to be used so I can determine when this
pkg-config check can be removed.