Date:      Wed, 08 Dec 1999 17:31:23 +0000
From:      R.Bamford@rl.ac.uk
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        R.Bamford@rl.ac.uk
Subject:   Help: make install

hello,

I am having a problem with using make install ANY of the downloaded ports (and
the ports I already have).

This is the error:

===============
# make install
"/usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk", line 2: Could not find /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

I have copied over "/usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk" to /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk
but that does not work.
I also seems to  but a circular call. I am not sure what is going on here.

If anyone can offer any advice I would be grateful.

Many thanks

Ruth Bamford