Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:24:26 -1000
From:      "Art Neilson, KH7PZ" <art@hawaii.rr.com>
To:        "Michael P. Neuman" <neubyneu@twcny.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: natd/ipfw question.

At 01:59 AM 7/12/99 -0400, you wrote:
> Hello.  I'm currently running FreeBSD-3.2-RELEASE.  I have natd and ipfw
working > great right now I'm also runninng DNS.  Currently, it directs my
internal network > of unregistered IP's to the internet.  What I want to
also do is the reverse.  I > want to be able to telnet to my computer with
the unregistered address from the > internet.  I.E.: I'm on the internet.
I want to connect to kramer.cmsnet.net (IP > 192.168.1.2) from the
internet.  Is there a way to set up NATD/IPFW to do this??? > Thanks in
advance.  I hope you can understand what I'm saying
> --
> Michael P. Neuman - Consultant, NeuTech Computer Consulting

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the firewall?  Besides, those unregistered
IP addresses won't be honored by any DNS servers on the outside so you'd
have to use the IP address.  Not sure that would even work, I don't think any
router would route that address on the outside.
--
   __
  /  )    _/_  It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data.