Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2006 01:56:55 -0600
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        "Kostik Belousov" <kib@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [kib@freebsd.org: [src] cvs commit: src/sys/amd64/linux32 linux32_sysvec.c]

On 10/31/06, Jung-uk Kim <jkim@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 October 2006 01:26 pm, Kostik Belousov wrote:
> > kib         2006-10-31 17:53:02 UTC
> >
> >   FreeBSD src repository
> >
> >   Modified files:
> >     sys/amd64/linux32    linux32_sysvec.c
> >   Log:
> >   Fix a typo resulting in truncated linux32 signal trampoline code
> > copied to the usermode. Usually, signal handler segfaulted on
> > return.
> >
> >   Reviewed by:    jhb
> >   MFC after:      3 days
> >
> >   Revision  Changes    Path
> >   1.25      +1 -1      src/sys/amd64/linux32/linux32_sysvec.c
> >
> > This change is supposed to fix the handling of signals for linux
> > binaries on amd64 (at least, it did so for me). Please, inform me
> > whether it works for you.
>
> Bash no longer segfaults with this fix.  I am running full LTP and it
> seems very promising so far.

linux-wine used to segfault with:

$ /compat/linux/usr/bin/wineprefixcreate
fatal process exception: general protection fault, fault VA = 0x0 <- pid 1717?
fatal process exception: general protection fault, fault VA = 0x0 <- pid 1718?
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

under compat.linux.osrelease: 2.4.2, now linux-wine exits with:

$ /compat/linux/usr/bin/wineprefixcreate
wine: failed to initialize: /usr/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so: failed to map
segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory

Doesn't help the compat.linux.osrelease: 2.6.16 case, as it is a
different problem involving thread-local storage.

Thanks for the fix.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.