Date:      Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:46:11 -0700
From:      Trevor Osatchuk <Trevor.Osatchuk@pscl.com>
To:        "'mobile@FreeBSD.org'" <mobile@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   second pccard slot not working

I have 4.4-Release running on a 308d Thinkpad.  When I insert a card into
the first slot, a nic or a compactflash, I see a message in
/var/log/messages stating that the card was inserted.  I can then use the
nic or mount the flash no problem.  However, when I insert a card into the
second slot nothing happens.  I have not compiled a custom kernel, but I do
have the source.  In the GENERIC kernel it has:

device    pcic0 at isa? irq 0 prt 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
device    pcic1 at isa? irq 0 prt 0x3e2 iomem 0xd4000 disable

Does this mean that I have to compile a new kernel and enable the second
pcic device?  From dmesg I get:

pcic0: <Cirrus Logic PD6729/6730 PC-Card Controller> port 0x3e0-0x3e3 at
device
19.0 on pci0
ID is 0x82
ID is 0x82
pcic0: Polling mode
pccard0: <PC Card bus (classic)> on pcic0
pccard1: <PC Card bus (classic)> on pcic0

I though that his means two cards on one controller.  So, the kernel sees
two cards, but only enables one?  Compile a new kernel?

Thanks!

Trevor Osatchuk
Process Solutions Canada Ltd.
Support and Integration Analyst
(780) 452-2227 Ext. 286
trevor.osatchuk@pscl.com

Any man whose errors take ten years to correct is quite a man.
          - J. Robert Oppenheimer, speaking of Albert Einstein