Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2000 21:20:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tracking updates to FreeBSD

>Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 19:59:07 -0500
>From: Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
>Subject: Re: Tracking updates to FreeBSD
>
>On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, John Polstra wrote:
>[...]
>: Well, cvs-all _is_ the update history.  What is it about cvs-all
>: that doesn't satisfy your needs?
>
>Personally, as far as my needs are concerned. I would like to be
>able, for example, to track only cvs changes on a specific port,
>or file, and so on.
>
>I like to keep up on cvs changes that could affect me, but the
>volume of traffic on cvs-all is far more than I can take. It's

Same here; the volume on cvs-all strikes me as a little much
(almost overwhelming) unless I were, for example, a committer.
I'm very glad cvs-all exists; it just seems more than *I* need
most of the time.

>also less ideal to setup mail filters to show only stuff you
>want to see since that still eats bandwith if you are the mail
>server, or if your mail client downloads before filtering as
>many do.
>
>-Matt

What he said...  :)  I was wondering if there is some way I can
access some kind of "change-log," perhaps via Web or ftp.  This
might help me decide when I might want to perform maintenance
(cvsup/make {build,install}world).

-kc