Date:      16 Jul 1999 12:45:51 +0300
From:      Ville-Pertti Keinonen <will@iki.fi>
To:        Christopher Sedore <cmsedore@mailbox.syr.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: aio and fd patches

Christopher Sedore <cmsedore@mailbox.syr.edu> writes:

> You can see my report of issues in kern/12053.  I somehow managed to
> include a mangled and outdated version of the patch with that report, so
> that patch shouldn't be integrated.  An updated patch is available at
> http://tfeed.maxwell.syr.edu/aio-diff

It looks like you're introducing yet another race condition by not
ensuring that the file doesn't change from under a socket operation.

This can't be fixed the same way my patches fix all (hopefully) of the
other races.  It might be a good idea to add a 'struct file *' field
to the aiocblist structure and forget about the file descriptor number
after initially looking it up.

This is based on a quick glance, there may be other issues.

Note that the style police may want you to consistently add spaces
after commas and between binary operators and their operands.