Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 1999 08:33:35 -0500
From:      Jeremy McMillan <aphor@ripco.NOSPAM.com>
To:        FreeBSD-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: System lockup

I'm using WMaker, and I'm not using the "no async dns" option. Whatever the
combination is, X grows in memory until it exposes hardware instabilities in
my system. X never gets that big in memory unless I run Communicator. It's
just that the odds of a crash are low when I'm not using much memory and
when I leave Communicator up for days or run multiple buildworlds I can
produce some random segfaults (processes terminate with signal 11) and
rarely a signal 4.

--
PLEASE NOTICE: THERE MAY BE NOSPAM IN THE HEADERS WHEN YOU HIT "REPLY"!!!
Jeremy McMillan <aphor at  ripco.com> | Ask for PGP-2.6.2 or 5.0i