Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 02:18:27 -0800
From:      "Leonard C." <leonardc@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>, <hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD and Wireless LAN cards?

I'm looking into setting up a wireless Ethernet network. I've seen network
access points available for around $120-140 for a cheap Linksys.

However, it seems to me that it'd be probably cheaper just to buy a desktop
wireless Ethernet card and use FreeBSD as a bridge and a DHCP server.

Has anybody tried this before and have any recommendations on cards which
play well with FreeBSD and which to avoid?

Thanks,

Leonard