Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 07:40:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@shale.csir.co.za>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/11648: gettext-0.10.35 fails in make install

The following reply was made to PR ports/11648; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jeremy Lea <reg@shale.csir.co.za>
To: Johan Karlsson <k@numeri.campus.luth.se>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 16:30:20 +0200

 Hi,

 On Tue, May 11, 1999 at 03:31:12PM +0000, Johan Karlsson wrote:
 > >Synopsis:       gettext-0.10.35 fails in make install
 >
 > 	make install of ports/devel/gettext fails when
 > 	generating package list.
 >
 > 	numeri# make install
 > 	===>  Installing for gettext-0.10.35
 > 	===>   Generating temporary packing list
 > 	install-info: Undefined error: 0 for /usr/local/info/dir
 > 	*** Error code 1

 This is only hitting you, since it builds fine in
 http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/.  Firstly, do you have a file named
 /usr/local/info/dir? and do you have a file named /usr/share/info/dir?

 The second you should always have, the first should have been created by
 a new feature in bsd.port.mk, before the pre-install target.  The port
 also tries to make this file, as part of post-install.

 The only two places which 'install-info' occurs is in bsd.port.mk, as
 part of the generate-plist target, but it should not be run there, since
 it is put of a sed expression.  Then it occurs in the gettext Makefile,
 where it installs the info file.  This is most likely where it is
 failing.  Why is anyone's guess, but the first four lines of the
 post-install target in gettext/Makefile are no longer needed.  Please
 delete them and see if they fix your problem.

 Regards,
  -Jeremy

 --
   |    What will people think when they hear that I'm a Jesus freak?
 --+--  What will people do when they find that it's true?