Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 17:03:27 -0600
From:      "Roberto Abarca" <roberto@optel.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   using subnets

Dear Sirs,

Im working with a DNS an Radius server machine who is connected to a Lan
segment where we have several routers connected to several destinations, on
the remote sides we have subnets belonging to the same class C networks and
with netmask 255.255.255.224, in order to get it working we had to add each
host from the remote networks with its associate gateway in the freeBSD
server4, we have about 90 routes indicating the way for each remote hosts.
Is there any way to announce the hole subnets using only the network ip
(example:
206.48.96.192 255.255.255.224), It will be easier to manage the addresses;
we still didnt found the way to achieve this.

Thanks, for your help.

Roberto Abarca

Optel Telecomunicaciones S.A. de C.V.
Sierra Santa Rosa  # 61  Col. Lomas de Chapultepec
Mexico D.F. C.P. 11650

Tel: (525) 201.40.01
Fax:(525) 201.40.30

http://www.optel.net