Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 21:06:59 +0200
From:      Oddbjorn Steffensen <oddbjorn@tricknology.org>
To:        Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
Cc:        'Michael Lucas' <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, "'Jeremy C. Reed'" <reed@reedmedia.net>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A BSD intro at Bellingham, Washington Linuxfest 2002

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 03:30:00PM +0500, Haikal Saadh wrote:
> Agreed. Although I know only about 1/2 an hour's worth of docbook, but if
> anyone volunteers to mark stuff up , it'd be great. My intention has always
> been to donate my material to the docproj, (if they want it)

My knowledge of Docbook is mostly theoretical, but I've made
a stab at an FAQ based upon the setup from the FreeBSD FAQ.

While there is a certain learning curve to using Docbook, I
think the slides.dtd at least deserve to be examined, as this
is the option most in line with the rest of the documentation
project. If there are any technical stumbling blocks, I assume
there is enough Docbook knowledge within the project to over-
come these.

> Yeah, I've got a lecture aimed for beginners to unix, an explanation of the
> filesystem, as well as step by step howto's for some sysadminning tasks
> (adding users, cron jobs etc).
>
> I've also go stuff on squid, bind8, isc-dhcpd3, and IPFirewall.

I'm already envisioning a modular presentation framework.. :-)

> If anyone wants me to write more material, I'm willing, as long as it's
> within my knowledge.

Hopefully, the community can donate and extend the presentation(s).
By basing it on a common framework, accessible via CVS, it should
be rather easy to do.

-oddbjørn