Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 2009 14:08:03 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
Cc:        jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  Switching /etc/rc.d/jail to new syntax (+ new features)

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 10:47:47 +0000 (UTC) "Bjoern A. Zeeb"
<bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Jun 2009, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>
> > at http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/current-patches/jail.diff I
> > have a patch to switch the jail rc script to the new jail
> > (8-current) syntax. This includes new config options for a jail
> > (see etc/defaults/rc.conf after patching). The patch also contains
> > my X-in-a-jail stuff (feel free to ignore this part, it's disabled
> > by default).
> >
> > If you do not make any config change, you will be able to see all
> > mounted filesystems of the entire machine. To get back to the
> > previous behavior, you have to add a config option:
> >  jail_XXX_startparams="enforce_statfs=2"
> >
> > This config option can also take other jail parameters like
> > allow.sysvipc and other ones described in the jail man-page
> > (additional parameters need to be space separated).
> >
> > Feedback welcome.
>
> 1) it break various things that will no longer work

As mentioned, it "breaks" the statfs part. If there's anything else, be
more specific please.

> 2) it's not a poper solution

The proper solution for the statfs part would be, that jail(8) defaults
to =2 if nothing is specified. Alternatively I can get convinced that
we should do a default for it in defaults/rc.conf if nothing is specied
for startparams for a particular jail (like we have for some other
things), but this would not be as good as if jail(8) would handle it
itself.

If you do not talk about the statfs part but in a more generic way,
what would be a proper solution in your eyes?

Bye,
Alexander.