Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2006 05:17:18 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sten_Daniel_S=F8rsdal?= <lists@wm-access.no>
To:        rtsit <rtsit@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Very strange kernel panic with 6.1-Release

rtsit wrote:
> The last time I retrieved "src-all" with cvsup, I ran
> a  "make buildworld" then a "make buildkernel" a "make
> installkernel" and "a mergemaster -p" and a "reboot"
>=20
> I did all of this remotely, and the box never came
> back.
>=20
> Is it possible to CVSup a box from remote?  My box is
> a 2 hour drive from me.
>=20

I'm not a hundred percent certain about this but i understood it to be
safer by;
make buildworld && make buildkernel && make installkernel && reboot
then;
make clean && make buildworld && mergemaster -p && \
make installworld && mergemaster -i && reboot

i think it has something to do with requiring certain kernel functions
during buildworld.

--=20
Sten Daniel S=F8rsdal