Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:55:23 +0200 (EET)
From:      Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems booting freebsd-alpha-4.5 from IDE on PC164

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Jarkko Santala wrote:

> I'm having trouble booting freebsd-alpha-4.5 from IDE on a PC164 using the
> integrated IDE controller.

Just as a clarification, since I'm getting many replies asking the same,
I am able to boot and run NetBSD from the IDE just fine. This is why I
think there must be something wrong with FreeBSD. I wouldn't ask if I
was uncertain whether the hardware works or if SRM can boot from IDE.

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>       http://www.iki.fi/jake/
System Administrator               Cell. +358 40 720 4512