Date:      Thu, 16 Jun 2016 23:24:57 -0700
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkg failing on cubox-hummingboard-alpha3?

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 10:35 PM, Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is pkg supposed to work on alpha3?
>
> root@imx6:~ # pkg
> The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
> Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: y
> Bootstrapping pkg from
> pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:armv6/latest, please wait...
> Verifying signature with trusted certificate pkg.freebsd.org.2013102301... done
> pkg: failed to extract pkg-static: Can't create '/usr/local/sbin/pkg-static'
>
> I found the archive here:
> http://pkg.freebsd.org/FreeBSD:11:armv6/latest/Latest/

Okay, some how after portsnap fetch extract I get a different error:

root@imx6:~ # pkg update
The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: y
Bootstrapping pkg from
pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:armv6/latest, please wait...
Verifying signature with trusted certificate pkg.freebsd.org.2013102301... done
pkg-static: Cannot open /(null): Not a directory
Installing pkg-1.8.3...
the most recent version of pkg-1.8.3 is already installed
root@imx6:~ # pkg install vim
The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: y
Bootstrapping pkg from
pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:armv6/latest, please wait...
Verifying signature with trusted certificate pkg.freebsd.org.2013102301... done
pkg-static: Cannot open /(null): Not a directory
Installing pkg-1.8.3...
the most recent version of pkg-1.8.3 is already installed

and just an endless loop like that.

Thanks,

Russ