Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 2019 20:59:30 +1030
From:      "O'Connor, Daniel" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: USB stack getting confused

> On 9 Mar 2019, at 19:30, Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org> wrote:
> On 3/9/19 12:08 AM, O'Connor, Daniel wrote:
>> My program normally runs continually doing acquisitions of data for N =
seconds, doing some checks and restarting. After a while (~30 1 minute =
acquisitions or ~8 30 minute ones) my program can't 'see' the device (it =
uses libusb10) any more (it reconnects each acquisition for $REASONS). =
Also pretty weirdly usbconfig can't see it either(!).
>=20
> What is printed in dmesg? Maybe the device has a problem.

There is nothing in dmesg - no disconnect / reconnect etc.

If I hold the user space process in gdb 'forever' (eg over night) =
usbconfig doesn't see the device, but the moment I quit the user space =
process it can be seen again.

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."