Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2019 17:25:40 +0200
From:      freebsd@boosten.org
To:        Dale Scott <dalescott@shaw.ca>
Cc:        David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD host, multiple jails, many with web servers

> Op 1 jul. 2019, om 18:24 heeft Dale Scott <dalescott@shaw.ca> het =
volgende geschreven:
>=20
> BSD Now episode 259 has a segment on running multiple services using =
jails and a single public IP address. It=E2=80=99s on my Todo list to =
listen again and re-configure my own server.=20
https://www.freebsdnews.com/2018/08/17/bsd-now-episode-259-long-live-unix/=

>=20

This is not going to work for OPs question. I just had a look, and this =
podcast basically points to this web page:

https://www.davd.io/posts-freebsd-jails-with-a-single-public-ip-address/ =
<https://www.davd.io/posts-freebsd-jails-with-a-single-public-ip-address/>=

The writer of this article uses pf to redirect different ports to =
different jails, which is fine, assuming that every jail serves =
different services (so a jail offering smtp, a jail offering a =
webserver, a jail offering mysql), however if you want to have multiple =
jails serving a webserver, you only can redirect port 443 (or 80) once.

You will need a reverse proxy to redirect services based on the name to =
different jails. Shouldn=E2=80=99t be too hard, I guess.

A quick search on google found me this one:

=
https://serverfault.com/questions/706694/use-nginx-as-reverse-proxy-for-mu=
ltiple-servers =
<https://serverfault.com/questions/706694/use-nginx-as-reverse-proxy-for-m=