Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 16:00:48 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        rdmurphy@vt.edu
Cc:        rdmurphy@mail.vt.edu, emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: libncurses.so.4?

"Russell D. Murphy Jr." wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion.  I installed linux-base and deleted
> linux_lib, but now none of my linux executables seem to work:

Hmmm. Did you do anything special to get them run? I, for example have
realplayer and acroread from the ports installed without any problems. I'll
try Netscape here right now.

> /usr/local/netscape/communicator-v451.x86-unknown-linux2.0/netscape: can't resolve symbol '_CurrentRuneLocale'
> /usr/local/netscape/communicator-v451.x86-unknown-linux2.0/netscape: can't resolve symbol '__sF'

Hmmm. I got these errors while working on Oracle. It is caused by some
FreeBSD/Linux mixup.
Can you check if you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your env?

Just to make sure: Did you rm -rf /compat/linux after you removed linux_lib
and before you installed linux-base? I want to make sure you didn't leave
anything behind.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/