Date:      Mon, 2 Nov 1998 21:19:12 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New boot loader and alternate kernels

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> >For on-disk usage, the key issue to me is avoiding anti-bloatist
> >complaint (which have their fair justification).  I'd like to think we
> >can stabilise at an object under the 100k mark, although there are of
> >course no real hard limits yet.
>
> Sigh,  If Satoshi hadn't yanked tcl out, we could have used that...

You must mean tcl4 or even earlier, then... Newer versions of tcl are
somewhere around 300kB. Besides, you talk about 100k mark as of tcl object
limit, whereas Mike was talking probably about the whole bootloader
size, right?

Andrzej Bialecki

 <abial@nask.pl>       ||PicoBSD||   FreeBSD in your pocket? Go and see:
 Research & Academic   |+-------+|       "Small & Embedded FreeBSD"