Date:      Tue, 2 May 1995 15:24:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com (Joe Greco)
Cc:        nc@ai.net, current@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: looking for IP over printer port driver users

> Does anybody have a clue how to manufacture the needed cable?  I would like
> to play with this, but do not want to spend money on a cable that I can
> build from parts in stock..

Look in src/sys/i386/isa/lpt.c it has a description.

It's a standard Laplink cable.

I actually needed a serial null modem cable, and chanced on a package at
EggHead for $8, which had a parallel laplink in the same package.
Then I went and made the tcp/ip on parallel stuff since I hated having
a good high-quality cable and nothing to do with it...

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk> -- TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
'All relevant people are pertinent' && 'All rude people are impertinent'