Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 16:25:29 -0400
From:      Jim Carroll <jim@carroll.com>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fsck and large file system

> > >  I  was  wondering  if  anyone has done any work on fsck and very large file
> > >  systems. We have a system that has 126 GB RAID Array. As you  can  imagine,
> > >  fsck  chokes  trying  to  alloc  enough  blocks to store it's internal data
> > >  structures (128 MB RAM, 128 MB Swap)
> >

> I've been doing 120GB+ filesystems for FreeBSD for quite some time. The
> real fun will be the 1TB filesystems.

 How much Swap disk space have you allocated on machines that you fsck'ed
 that were this large ?

 Thanks

---
Jim C., President       | C A R R O L L - N E T, Inc.
201-488-1332            | New Jersey's Premier Internet Service Provider
www.carroll.com         |
www.message-server.com  | Carroll-Net Message Server.