Date:      Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:30:26 -0800
From:      Sean Bruno <sbruno@miralink.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Question about http://torrents.freebsd.org:8080/index.html

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Sean Bruno wrote:
>> Does it seem correct to all concerned that each release actually
>> lists all files twice?
>>
>> There is a torrent for the entire release CD ISO set, and then there
>> is a completely separate torrent for each CD ISO file.  At least that
>> is what it looks like to me.
>> Is this correct?
>
> Yes.  Many people like to download the whole thing in one torrent.  It
> does split the aggregate swarm bandwidth, but it doesn't seem to be a
> problem in practice.
>
> Kris
Thanks for anticipating my next question! :)

<2cents>
I just found it odd that that users couldn't just specify the file to
download from the release torrent.  It also makes it slightly(read
almost negligible) harder to seed effectively as I would need to
download more than one centralized torrent.  Since I use the complete
torrent for my purposes, I can only assist the folks who also download
the entire torrent.

</2cents>

Sean