Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 1995 23:25:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   pppd

I am having a bit of trouble getting ppp to work on my machine... I am
using a kernel compile from the kerndist...  and I have the options ppp 2
in my config file...  I have patched the source in if_ppp.c for the
m->m_len=0; line or something like that...

when I terminate the ppp packet driver... I get this line loges to
/var/log/messages...:

Jan 9 23:15:47 unix pppd[208]: demuxprotrej: Unrecognized Protocol-Reject
for protocol 8224!

and it refuses to quit no matter what... I finally have to kill -KILL the
shell that is running on the modem port to get it to reset...  even if I
just kill the pppd the shell is still running...  I am using mgetty on
the port and I know that clocal isn't set on the port... the number after
protocol will vary... I also got 25xxx something...

just a bit about my machine, 486/33dx, 8megs ram, 130meg, 2 40meg, 85meg
hds all on IDE, two serial, one paralle, two ne2000 clone cards...
thanks for all the help...

John-Mark Gurney

gurney_j@efn.org -or-
gurney_j@4j.lane.edu -or-