Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2013 09:39:17 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>, Melvyn Sopacua <melvyn@magemana.nl>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, Kris Moore <kris@pcbsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Proposal for Authors / Vendors in ports

--m0XfRaZG5aslkcJX

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 08:30:08AM +0100, Erwin Lansing wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 04:47:20PM -0500, Eitan Adler wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Melvyn Sopacua <melvyn@magemana.nl> wr=
ote:

> > > WWW: [Mozilla](http://www.mozilla.org/)
> > >
> > > So, markdown format in pkg-descr. Seems the least amount of work?
> >=20
> > This adds a lot of work to the parser.
> >=20
> > IMHO we should have VENDOR_WWW and possibly VENDOR_NAME in the port's
> > Makefile.  It should not be hard to automate this for VENDOR_WWW since
> > we already have the WWW: lines in pkg-descr.
> >=20
>=20
> That sounds like an excellent idea.  I'm just a bit worried about
> spreading the information over too many places, and would rather split
> content from logic and add these to pkg-descr as well next to the
> current WWW.  I know we're not consistent already with things like
> COMMENT and LICENSE already in the Makefile, so won't ojbect too much to
> where these end up.
>=20
> Erwin
>=20
That is easy to fix:
VENDOR=3D MOZILLA
MOZILLA_VENDOR_NAME=3D  mozilla
MOZILLA_VENDOR_WWW=3D  http://www.mozilla.org/

and a bsd.vendor.mk the same way we have bsd.options.mk

if MOZILLA_VENDOR_NAME and MOZILLA_VENDOR_WWW are already in bsd.vendor.mk =
the
port just have to specify VENDOR: MOZILLA

Don't know if it is worth capitalizing :)

regards,
Bapt

--m0XfRaZG5aslkcJX

--m0XfRaZG5aslkcJX--