Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:27:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   fsplit: BSD sources missing in the tree ??

Hi;

I was trying to port Robot, a plotting utility for XView, and I need a utility
called fsplit. We have csplit and split in the base system but fsplit is not
even in ports. I was surprised when I found it on Linux referenced as a BSD
utility:
http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/falsehope/home/pierre/fsplit/fsplit-5.5-1.i386.html

in particular, it's, here:
http://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/computing/systems/unix/bsd-sources/usr.bin/fsplit

Is there a good reason for this not being in the base system? perhaps it was
replaced? If it doesn't belong in the base system, someone please port it
(we'll have to upload it to MASTER_SITE_LOCAL).

cheers,

   Pedro.