Date:      05 Feb 1997 11:48:49 -0500
From:      mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Charles M. Hannum)
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Jason Thorpe <thorpej@NetBSD.ORG>, www@freebsd.org, core@NetBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Related Operating System Projects

"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> writes:

> Well, I do beg to differ slightly - it is strongly *based* on NetBSD,

It branched off of NetBSD.  Development on both systems has diverged
significantly, to the point where saying it's `based on NetBSD' is,
quite frankly, more of a slimy marketing trick than a reality.

By the same token, you could say that FreeBSD is `based on NetBSD',
since you started with NetBSD 0.8.  But I somehow doubt that's
relevant any more, or that you'd like to state it publically.