Date:      01 Aug 2005 09:47:52 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bge0 : WatchDog timeout -- resetting

"DeadMan Xia ...." <deadmanxia@gmail.com> writes:

> I m using FreeBSD 5.3, on Dell Power Edge 6650 Quad Processor Machine,
> my system get stuck while i m accessing it through ssh. well after
> some time , when i acces the machine & check , /var/log/messages ,, i
> can bge0: WatchDog Timedout -- resetting error. Is there any one , to
> tap my back & get me off from this headhac,,,

There is explicit support for a lot of new chips since 5.3 was
released.  You don't mention what you have, so we can't know for
sure, but you should definitely update your system before looking
more deeply into the firmware hang.  And if there is a firmware
update for your NIC, definitely apply that.