Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2019 19:53:51 -0500
From:      "Clay Daniels Jr." <clay.daniels.jr@gmail.com>
To:        hw <hw@adminart.net>
Cc:        "Kevin P. Neal" <kpn@neutralgood.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dead slow update servers

TrueOS is downstream to FreeBSD. If you want to go that route that's fine,
but I'm willing to take the little warts on the top dog in BSD, FreeBSD.
If you look at Distrowatch you will see 17 listed under BSD, dig a bit
deeper, and you will see twelve of them are directly based on FreeBSD.

https://distrowatch.com/search.php?ostype=BSD&category=All&origin=All&basedon=FreeBSD&notbasedon=None&desktop=All&architecture=All&package=All&rolling=All&isosize=All&netinstall=All&language=All&defaultinit=All&status=Active#simple

TrueOS has it's own little following, with Trident & GhostBSD, and is
trying to get out of the desktop market itself, but they are still all
downstream to FreeBSD. Who else has all the documentation. the variety of
packages, etc. Nobody else in the BSD space.

My humble opinion,
Clay Daniels