Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 02:08:48 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Tillery Neal CP USSG EXC <neal.tillery@cp.novartis.com>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD Newbies'" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Exchange Email Problems.

On Thu, Mar 26, 1998 at 08:20:41AM -0600, Tillery Neal CP USSG EXC wrote:
> I'm in a bind when in comes to email.  I subscribed to the list using my
> work email address.  Unfortunately we use Exchange here.  The way we
> receive and send mail to the Internet is using a X.400 to SMTP gateway so
> I can't use a standard UNIX email program.  I looked repeatedly for the
> option to set the column length, but have had no success.  I know it still
> truncates my messages because I've checked them with my school email
> account.

OK, have we got any closet Exchange users there who can lend a hand?
Can you explain how it truncates messages?

> Does anyone know where I can change this and other settings to make my messages
>  more Internet friendly?  I would like to contribute to this (and other)
> FreeBSD lists, but I'd like to get my email configured first.

No need to wait, you'll be fine here. Our purpose for discussing these email
problems is simply to identify the problems and find solutions while we're
able to be relaxed about helping each other.

But if you know you have problems and we can't help you, then carry on
regardless. It's much more important to hear what you have to say!

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

find / -name "*.conf" |more