Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:22:44 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        "Chris Xu" <madmanrulez@hotmail.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install To Dos Extended Partition

Hi!

> i have a 80 gig harddrive, and i have partitioned it to 4 drives, now i want
> to install my Freebsd on one of the secend drives. The first is NTFS
> partition, and then FAT32s. But when i go to the install screen, i only see
> it says the NTFS partition n the "Extended" partition, so how do i install
> it onto my "extended" partition??

You can't install FreeBSD to extended partition. You'll need to delete it and
FreeBSD installation process will create another primary partition into the free
space.

Of course if some of your FAT32 logical drives already have data in them, You'll
need to move it out of the way first.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Work is for people who don't know how to fish.