Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2007 01:30:14 +0000
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd@mail.gbch.net
Cc:        linimon@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Progress with usability of AMD64

[note: this question probably should have been asked and answered on
freebsd-ports@, but I'll go ahead and answer it here in any case.]

The latest chart that compares package status across build environments
is at http://portsmon.freebsd.org/chartsandgraphs/package_comparison.html.
Note: the detail pages that it points to are several weeks stale.  (The
copies on my development machine are up-to-date, however).

The full list of what ports do not package on amd64-7 is at
http://portsmon.freebsd.org/chartsandgraphs/package_failures_list.amd64-7.html.
It will give you more information than you probably want to know about
the exact state of amd64-7 as of that date.

On my machine, the latest stats for amd64-7 are the following:

  232 errors
  1195 skipped ports
  548 dependent ports

as opposed to i386-7:

  268 errors
  636 skipped ports
  429 dependent ports

and i386-6:

  70 errors
  449 skipped ports
  217 dependent ports

and amd64-6:

  62 errors
  1007 skipped ports
  775 dependent ports

I've been trying to do a lot of work to give us metrics about the state
of the packages, but this work is not yet in production.

Note: some of these numbers are a little high because a patch file for
java/diablo-jdk15 didn't fetch properly, leading to a bunch of dependent
java ports not being built.  This has now been fixed.

mcl