Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:42:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        neodan85@optonline.net (Dan)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BAck to XP (yuck)

> i recently installed FreeBSD on one of my computers.   I discovered that
> it was harder to learn than i thought it would be and i wanted to go back
> to WindowsXP.  I tried formatting the disk and using the installer on the
> XP CDROM but it always says there is a primary hard disk failure.  How can
> i fix this so i can install Windows again.

First, have some patience with FreeBSD.   It can actually be learned,
unlike Microsloth stuff which is a house of tricks.  And once you get
it, that other stuff will seem weak and hard to use.

Second, you may have to get your hands on a partition mangler such
as Partition Magic from Power Quest to clean things up before the XP
installer will know what to do.  PM seems to work well and is copiously
documented and is available in many stores including Best Buy where I
found it recently.

////jerry