Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:26:40 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        g@sh4-5.1blu.de, cy@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ports && 10-CURRENT

In message <20130619141527.GA25228=40sh4-5.1blu.de>, Matthias Apitz write=
s:
> El d=EDa Wednesday, June 19, 2013 a las 06:32:40AM -0700, Cy Schubert e=
scribi=F3:
>=20
> > You don't understand. devel/imake is a fine piece of software but peo=
ple do
> =20
> > not want to install more software than they have to. net/vnc comes wi=
th=20
> > it's own integrated Xserver. Using this logic we should integrate=20
> > x11-servers/xorg into it too. Neither makes sense. The only reason to=
 use=20
> > devel/imake is if net/vnc _installs_ its own imake, which it does not=
.=20
> > There's no reason to install more software just to build other softwa=
re if=20
> > we don't need it. It's extra baggage.
>=20
> I keep thinking, that _if_ there is already installed an imake, net/vnc=

> should make use of it and not try to build its own one; and most of the=

> users of net/vnc will have installed an X server before;

Agreed.

I doubt devel/imake would be any more successful though. I haven't looked=
=20
at it closely (less than a couple of minutes, so I may be wrong) but I=20
believe that OSMajorVersion may not be defined properly under 10.

--=20
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert=40komquats.com>
FreeBSD UNIX:  <cy=40FreeBSD.org>   Web:  http://www.FreeBSD.org