Date:      Mon, 2 Nov 2009 16:29:55 -0400
From:      Allen <GedankeZauberer@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD and music production

Hey all,

A few years ago, I started taking music a little more serious. Mostly because
of things like Myspace Music, where anyone can make an account and upload
music to it, and get their sound out there to others. I had been making music
for a while, but since I don't have the cash to drop on a studio, nor do I
have the cash to even get one of those little things that lets you hook up a
Bass guitar or Guitar at all to the computer, so I did what I could.
Sometimes I'd record everything in 60 second intervals because Windows Record
couldn't do more than that, and then when I realized I could continue from
there, I'd have to write music in a way where at 60 seconds, I could pick up
where I left off without it being so noticeable which isn't easy.

after I started using Linux and BSD and a few years had past, I found LMMS and
LOVED it.

I now use LMMS for everything. I make ALL my music in it. And FreeBSD has it
too.

So, everything I'm linking to that you can hear, was ALL done in either
FreeBSD, Debian Linux, or SUSE Linux, with LMMS.

http://www.myspace.com/farmacyofhorror

I used LMMS on Linux and FreeBSD depending on which machine I was using at the
time, to make all of that.

It started with just my laptop, so I didn't have good speakers really hooked
up to that so the bass wasn't great at first since I could barely tell it was
there, but after getting good speakers and good headphones, I started taking
it a little more.

I named it "Digital Horror Punk" because my main influence has been Horror
Movies and The Misfits, but since I can't hook up a guitar, or my bass guitar
to the computer, I had to make do with what I had. I think it's pretty cool.
And since Halloween just passed, I figured I'd make a post and show what I've
been doing with this freely available to anyone software we all love.

- gore / Farmacy of Horror founder. I make ALL the music myself, and the only
sampling is pointed out, and usually pretty easy to spot since the only
things I sample are horror Movie clips and a few Misfits Songs and others
here and there, which I give credit to whenever I use something.
--
http://www.myspace.com/farmacyofhorror
Digital Horror Punk - Music I make! All done with LMMS