Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:23:37 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Olivier Tharan <olive@oban.frmug.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Porting problem

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 09:03:32AM +0100, Olivier Tharan wrote:
> * Martin Preu? <aqmoney@aquamaniac.de> (20030122 06:25):
> > However, I don't understand what the writer wanted to express by=20
> > "strange (=3Dnone) spacing"=20
>=20
> Usually in ports' Makefiles, values in assignment lines are lined up,
> such as:
>=20
> USE_GMAKE=3D		yes
> HAS_CONFIGURE=3D		yes
> CONFIGURE_ARGS=3D		--prefix=3D/usr/local --with-distri=3Dfreebsd
> INSTALLS_SHLIB=3D		yes
>=20
> It is more readable.
> I don't know if portlint emits a warning, but it is a good idea to test
> your port with `portlint -a' before submitting.

I find 'portlint -abt' *very* useful, and IMHO, each new port should be
tested against 'portlint -abtN' as a mandatory prerequisite.  I'll look
into adding a bit more detail to the portlint usage instructions in the
Porter's Handbook.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
If you think this sentence is confusing, then change one pig.

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a--