Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:14:25 +0100
From:      Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de>
To:        Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CFT: re(4) WOL support

--Sig_/9_459t.g679bQ1I0vPKYxp.

Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Attached patch enables WOL capability on re(4). Since there are too
> many variants of hardwares that uses re(4), I'd like to hear
> success/failure report of the patch prior to commit. You can wake
> the system in suspend state as well as power down state. Because
> suspend/resume does not work on my box I don't know whether waking
> up from suspend work. WOL packets can be greated with tools like
> ports/net/wol.

Suspending doesn't work on my system either,
but I successfully tested wake-up from power-down state with:

fk@africanqueen ~ $pciconf -lv | grep -A 4 re0
re0@pci0:0:9:0: class=3D0x020000 card=3D0x816910ec chip=3D0x816910ec rev=3D=
0x10 hdr=3D0x00
    vendor     =3D 'Realtek Semiconductor'
    device     =3D 'RTL8110SB Single-Chip Gigabit LOM Ethernet Controller'
    class      =3D network
    subclass   =3D ethernet

fk@africanqueen ~ $ifconfig re0
re0: flags=3D8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 =
mtu 1500
        options=3D399b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM,TS=
O4,WOL_UCAST,WOL_MCAST,WOL_MAGIC>
        ether [...]
        inet 192.168.5.48 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.5.255
        status: active

I didn't notice any regressions.

Thanks for all the effort you put into re(4), much appreciated.

Fabian

--Sig_/9_459t.g679bQ1I0vPKYxp.

--Sig_/9_459t.g679bQ1I0vPKYxp.--