Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:15:20 -0500
From:      "Paul J. Pathiakis" <pathiaki@pathiaki.com>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NAT works but port forwarding does not

> My network setup
>
> Internet <----> em0 | FreeBSD | em1 <----->  LAN
>

> my pf.conf file only has:
>
> ext_if="em0"
> int_if="em1"
> webserver="192.168.1.54"
>
> nat on $ext_if from $int_if:network to any -> ($ext_if)
> rdr on $ext_if from any to any port 80 -> $webserver

If Antonio's solution works, forget the below.  However, it seems to me
that there should be a way of allowing the internal card to talk to the external card

It seems to me that outgoing nat works, but nothing about incoming traffic being
allowed to traverse from the external if/lan to the internal if/lan was ever put in place.

# Pass in quick any packets destined for the gateway
pass in quick on $ext_if from $int_if:network to $ext_if

(again, just trying to help, and I'm NEW to pf)

P.