Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 95 18:45:12 +0100
From:      seb@erix.ericsson.se (Sebastian Strollo)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ypbind

Hi,
Who is working on yp? I have a problem: The machine on which the
ypserv runs (a Sun) goes down for dumps every night, when it restarts
ypserv comes up on another port. Now the code in ypbind isn't
detecting this. I have a fix, but I am not sure it is the right thing
to do, so it would be nice if whoever is working on this could drop me
a note.

(Also while digging in this I found an old article that describes a
patch for lib/libc/rpc/udp_clnt.c by Casper H.S. Dik that picks up
ICMP dst unreachable messages and delivers them to the RPC layer, this
much improves on timeouts when you are trying to do RPC to a port that
isn't there anymore. Is anyone interested in this?)

/Sebastian

Sebastian Strollo
Computer Science Lab		Phone: +46 8 727 3549
Ellemtel Utvecklings AB		Fax  : +46 8 647 82 76
Box 1505
S-125 25 ALVSJO			email: seb@erix.ericsson.se
SWEDEN