Date:      Fri, 20 May 2005 09:54:48 +0700
From:      Affan Basalamah <affanzbasalamah@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   amd64 on HP Proliant DL145

Hi all,

I want to know if installing amd64 version of FreeBSD on my 1-cpu HP
Proliant DL145 will give me significant performance gain compared to
i386 version. I would like to run IDS (snort/base) and NFSen
(nfsen.sourceforge.net) on this box, and plan to monitor ingress
traffic on gigeth port of catalyst 6500.

Please tell me, is it easier for me to just install i386 on this
DL145, or install amd64 to get better performance ? Is there any
problem with application such as snort/base on amd64 platform ?

Thanks!

Regards,

-affan