Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:05:40 -0800
From:      "David Burger" <david@unet.tm>
To:        "'Tim Pushor'" <timp@orion.ab.ca>, "'Hugh Blandford'" <hugh@island.net.au>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: NAT Question

Tim,

Just a suggestion, have you tried adding the following two lines at the
beginning of your firewall rules:

ipfw add allow any from {protected} to any via any
ipfw add divert 6886 from {NATed} to any via {PubInterface}

I am not an expert, but this should allow open communication from the
protected interfaces to the internet without NAT getting in the way.  The
only thing I can see as a problem is packets coming back to the protected
interface.  This can easily be handled by additional rules.

Hope this helps,

David