Date:      Sun, 3 May 2009 15:05:57 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        Old Crankbuster <crankbuster@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.2 released?

On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 02:47:34PM +0200, Roland Smith wrote:
> On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 06:20:40PM +0700, Old Crankbuster wrote:
> > * Frederique Rijsdijk <frederique@isafeelin.org> [2009-05-03 13:13:23 +0200]:
> >
> > > typicaly the images are uploaded first before the announcements are made.
> >
> > Hmm.  I just installed 7.1 today.  Should I download the new iso and
> > install fresh, or upgrade?  No real mods or extensive configuration has
> > been done yet...
>
> If you haven't invested much time in it yet, install 7.2. Because if you
> run into problems with 7.1, that's the first advice you'll get anyway.
>
> > Wait for the announcement?
>
> No reason not to use them if the ISO images are available.

There is no guarantee that those are the final images (although they likely
are.) It has happened before that last-minute problems have been found
resulting in a need for images being replaced by fixed ones before the
announcement went out.

I suggest you wait for the announcement.  I believe the official release
(and accompanying announcement) is planned for tomorrow, so unless some
last-minute problem do pop you should not have to wait all that long.  (And
if there is some last-minute problem it is probably a good idea to wait
until it is fixed.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson